Saturday, October 9, 2010

What have I been up to?

Life got in the way and I've fallen behind on getting my goals completed. I have made progress on some and I have completed others. So, let's see what I have done since my last post.


Make cookies from scratch (done):

I've actually done this twice now. The first time I wasn't thrilled with how the recipe turned out. I had used the recipe from the back of the chocolate chips. The second time...well, each bite of cookie was a little piece of heaven. I used the Best Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe.


Try new recipes (in progress):

It's hard for me to remember what I have made since my last post, but I do know that I have made a cheese cake (which was wonderful) and some apple muffins (which were horrible). This means that I have completed 5 of the 12 recipes that I want to make.


Watch The Godfather movies (in progress):

I just finished watching the first movie in the trilogy. Two more to go.


Tip 100% on a restaurant tab (almost):

I was all set to complete this task until the check came and the restaurant already calculated the tip for me. I did end up tipping 50% because we were a whole table with screaming children and I felt bad for the wait staff, but I did not tip 100%


Potty Train Kayla (in progress):

I need to put more time and effort into this. She seems to want to go on the potty, but can't make the connection yet. I can't wait to throw a potty party for her the first time she goes.

2 comments:

  1. I've been wondering where you were :)

    I think I might try the cookie recipe. I'm always looking for new recipes and I really need to start baking. The family loves chocolate chip cookies, so it should be a hit.

    Potty training, ugh! Hannah loves to strip and sit on the potty but can't seem to figure out that she needs to do something on there. She's peed a few times, but shows no reaction so I don't think she's completely ready.

    It feels so good to get things done, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a rock star! I wish I could do a list like this, but I'd probably just get depressed by how many things don't get accomplished! ;-)

    ReplyDelete