Saturday, August 28, 2010

#99 1/12 Completed {Make 12 new recipes}

Here is my first of 12 new recipes I need to make. These were very yummy, but I calculated each one to be 6 WW pts, not the 4 mentioned in the original recipe. One reason is that I made 8 instead of 9. (Had I made 9, they would have been 5 WW pts each). Another reason is because I could not find fat free ricotta cheese.

I will be making these again.

I found the recipe on:
http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/02/spinach-lasagna-rolls.html

Spinach Lasagna Rolls

Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 9 Serving Size: 1 roll Calories: 224.9 Points: 4 ww pts
Fat: 5.1 g Fiber: 3.4 g Protein: 13.0 g
  • 9 lasagna noodles, cooked
  • 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and completely drained
  • 15 oz fat free ricotta cheese (I like Polly-o)
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 egg
  • salt and fresh pepper
  • 32 oz tomato sauce
  • 9 tbsp (about 3 oz) part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 350°. Combine spinach, ricotta, Parmesan, egg, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Ladle about 1 cup sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 12 baking dish.

Place a piece of wax paper on the counter and lay out lasagna noodles. Make sure noodles are dry. Take 1/3 cup of ricotta mixture and spread evenly over noodle. Roll carefully and place seam side down onto the baking dish. Repeat with remaining noodles.

Ladle sauce over the noodles in the baking dish and top each one with 1 tbsp mozzarella cheese. Put foil over baking dish and bake for 40 minutes, or until cheese melts. Makes 9 rolls.

To serve, ladle a little sauce on the plate and top with lasagna roll.


Here are my ingredients:

IMG_3296

Cooking the noodles:

IMG_3302

Ingredients for the filling:

IMG_3303

Filling all mixed up and ready to go:


IMG_3305

Sauce at the bottom of the pan:

IMG_3307

My noodles all dry and ready for the filling:

IMG_3309

Yummy filling on the noodles:

IMG_3310

Rolled and almost ready to cook:

IMG_3311

Final touch before putting them in the oven:

IMG_3312

40 minutes later and they are done:

IMG_3313

Ready to eat:

IMG_3314

Left overs!

IMG_3315

4 comments:

  1. Those looks so good! I need to make those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weren't they so yummy?? Love the pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so delicious! I will have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so good! I think I have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete